Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

Problem product is a Stylus Photo R 340. On my new lap top

Customer Question

problem product is a Stylus Photo R 340. On my new lap top which has been working well (windows 7pro) I have lost the ability to pre programme the printer settings, and the printer will not accept the thicker photo paper. in an attempt to check this I re set up my old lap top (windows 7 home). On this I still have control over printer settings, but the printer continues to stop the thicker paper passing. I have set it for photo paper, the new lap top would not even let me do that
Category: Printers
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 6 months ago.

Hello Ray, and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Please allow me a few minutes to review your question and reply back to you.

Please Stand-By

There could be a few different causes for the Win7Pro computer to stop working with the printer.

The most common is the Printer software, and or drivers.

So the first thing you should do, is UNinstal the Printer Software, and drivers if possible (but if the UNinstall process does NOT mention drivers dont worry)

.

After a successful Uinstall, do a computer Reboot, and then Install the Printer Software again. Using the same method you did the first time to install the printer software.....probably a disc.

.

Once you do this, let me know if the problem is resolved, or remains

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks, ***** ***** have done the basics, delete and reinstall to no effect. The only thing common to the problem is that the printer is showing the same problem on both lap tops, that is refusing to accept the thicker paper, which makes me think that the problem is more likely to be in the 14 or 15 year old printer. It was, as usual, difficult to get windows to accept the Epson software.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
this printer has been printing on this brand of paper for some time, so there's no reason for that to be the problem

Well, the printer will only print on CERTAIN paper when using in STAND-ALONE mode.

So if you are NOT using the Epson printer software to print....then the paper media selection is limited.

The image above shows the limitations, and Im pretty sure thats the isseu on the paper not working.

.

As far as the computer Software not working anymore.....did you say this printer was 15 YEARS OLD?

WOW.....i think maybe time to get a new one.....the Windows 7 computers are always getting updated, and he epson software does not.

So the Epson software is being changed, due to the Windows updates being so SECURITY centric. If the Epson software had vulnerability holes, and Windows finally got around to closing security holes......then the software suffers.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think you are right, I wanted to run it past someone first before I have up on it. Its been a very good printer and I was hoping it could still be used as a back up, or give it to the school I work at. Thanks for your help

You are very welcome.

Please take a moment to rate my performance.

Hello Again Ray,

I just want to touch base with you about asking if you would kindly give a rating for my performance, on your question.

Please...take just a moment to RATE me, so i may get compensated for my time and effort.