Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus has a document in the printer

Customer Question

HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus has a document in the printer queue since 26 May. It will not print, it will not delete from the queue. I have switched the printer off, retstarted; removed the device and reinstalled and still the document is in the queue. How do I remove it from the queue - also I have no document of the name in the queue in my files.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jess replied 1 year ago.

Hi Charles, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am sorry about your issues. Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10? Or a Mac?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see a document in the print queue that I cannot remove.
I have removed the device, reconnected and reinstalled.
I have checked ink cartridges.
I can scan, I can print from a scan but I cannot print due to the blocked file
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Hi Charles, my name is***** give the following steps a try:

1) Click Start and then Control Panel and then Administrative Tools.

2) Select Services.

3) In the list of services, locate Print Spooler.

4) Right-click on Print Spooler and choose Stop.

5) Navigate to c:\windows\system32\spool\printers

6) Delete all files in that folder.

7) Go back to the Print Spooler in the list of services.

8) Right-click Print Spooler and choose Start.

Your print queue should be empty.

If this answers your question, please accept my answer and rate me appropriately. I don't get paid anything for helping you unless you accept the answer and rate me at least 3 stars. If it doesn't resolve the problem, please chat me back and I'll get a solution for you. Thanks and have a great day!

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Hi Charles, just checking back in with you. Were you able to clear the queue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No - Windows 10 OS - I cannot see CONTROL PANEL after START button - so answer stops there
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please try the following:

1. If there is a (USB) cable connected connected from the printer to the computer, then disconnect the USB printer cable from the computer for now.
  2. Right-click on the Start button (which is the Windows logo / icon at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on Control Panel.
    ; (Or press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window will open.)
  3. Then open Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers.
  4. There, right-click on the HP printer and select the option Remove device and click on Yes. Make sure there is not any HP item showing there for now.
  5. Re-connect the printer USB cable, if any, from the printer to the computer securely.
  6. Wait a bit, and the printer should automatically be reinstalled.
    ; If the printer is wireless, then click on the option Add a printer at the top, and see if it detects your printer, then select and add it.
  7. Then check printing.

- If that does not work, please let me know if you are stuck at any step. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless? Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,