Hi Charles, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am sorry about your issues. Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10? Or a Mac?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Hi Charles, my name is***** give the following steps a try:
1) Click Start and then Control Panel and then Administrative Tools.
2) Select Services.
3) In the list of services, locate Print Spooler.
4) Right-click on Print Spooler and choose Stop.
5) Navigate to c:\windows\system32\spool\printers
6) Delete all files in that folder.
7) Go back to the Print Spooler in the list of services.
8) Right-click Print Spooler and choose Start.
Your print queue should be empty.
If this answers your question, please accept my answer and rate me appropriately. I don't get paid anything for helping you unless you accept the answer and rate me at least 3 stars. If it doesn't resolve the problem, please chat me back and I'll get a solution for you. Thanks and have a great day!
Hi Charles, just checking back in with you. Were you able to clear the queue?
I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Please try the following:
- If that does not work, please let me know if you are stuck at any step. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless? Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?
Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,