Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

My Hp photosmart 5510 all in one only prints or photocopies

my Hp photosmart 5510 all in one only prints or photocopies blank pages. makes all the normal sounds and feeds paper as usual
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still absolutely blank page. I had already tried unplugging but have repeated it just in case.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

On the printer, Press Setup. Press 5, then press 1. This selects Tools and then selects Clean Print Cartridge.

Run this and when it has completed, tell me if it now prints correctly please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sadly no joy except the same six colour blocks that I previously achieved before contacting you , but still no print
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you use a damp cloth please and clean the underside of the print cartridge holder.

Then let it dry and then try to print and tell me if it now prints please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cannot see any means of getting to the underside of the cartridge holder.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You can use a cloth and rub at it as best you can which will touch the nozzle are and will clean it.

You can also do it from the inside of the carriage by removing the ink and cleaning out where the ink goes in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still absolutley no trace of print or smear of ink
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the printhead hat has faulted. Everything else has been ruled out.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.