Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My father's MG5650 printer is producing copies with the

Customer Question

My father's MG5650 printer is producing copies with the lines of text waving up and down, and the tops of some letters cut off or displaced sideways. WE have tried realigning the print heads but that seemed to make no difference.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That sounds like a severe control circuitry problem.

But there is a possible fairly easy fix, perhaps. Open the printer up, as if to replace cartridges. View the printer's interior... is there dust inside it?

How old is the MG5650 printer in question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to us. There does not seem to be much dust inside.The printer is several years old - I think about 3 or 4.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I think your printer will need repair-servicing for this problem. I've got enough experience to recognize a severe problem when I hear about one (though I would be more sure if I actually saw a scan, for instance, of one of the defective pages.)

Do you need any advice as to where to take the printer for service-repairing?