Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have a Canon MG3250 printer. I have used compatible

I have a Canon MG3250 printer. I have used compatible cartridges before, yet the new ones (and replacements) do not register on the printer. So, the message comes up with "no ink". Despite that, I have cleaned, nozzle checked, printed results (!) and when I do manage to get a print out, the printing is jumbled up with spaces in the printing.
Q - Is the problem due to the cartridges, or is the printer malfunctioning?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

The most common cause will be the cartridges, so we would want to rule this out first.

Can you try different cartridges in the printer and tell me if it then functions correctly please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have put new cartridges in already and the same problems occur
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't spend £29 then £19 - could you just explain what the problem may be please
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

That is an offer the website has, you can ignore it.

Can you do the last instructions I sent to you though please Jacky?

I repeated these for you below

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer was already switched off and had been for a couple of hours
I have just tried printing the same sheet as I did before. There is an improvement - but still some jumbled words - and missing printing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thanks

Have you tried to print from multiple programs to rule out software as the cause for this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Er, no
Hold on, I will try
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok - still jumbled and missing parts - but not as much (there wasn't so much writing to refer to)
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the internal print head that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh dear
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Richard.As it happens, you didn't sort out the problem. There is no internal print head with this model (according to Canon) and the problem was caused by the encoder film, which needed a light clean.Do I get a refund?