Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Canon printer MG5250. Won't work. and Orange lights

Canon printer MG5250. Won't work. Green and Orange lights flashing. Message B200 Printer error. Have switched off as instructed and emailing you. What next?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried this before...but I've done as instructed and just disconnected again and it is still flashing. It tries to start up then stops.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Turn off the printer

Open the cover

Turn on the printer

Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way

Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.

Leave the Printer turned on.

Does this clear it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried it once and it began to work. Put something on to copy and it reverted back to flashing lights. Tried again and it started up and began processing then went Off completely. Now won't even start up..all power appears to have gone.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.