nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Technician
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

HP Officejet 5742 wont print it says instant ink problem.

Category: Printers
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 9 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to justanswer.

Are you sure that the new ink model no are same as the old ones.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
its what HP send me , I have instant ink account.

Follow these steps which I am providing you :

While the printer is turned on remove the power cable from the back of the printer for one minute.

Turn the printer back on.

Once it has returned to the main screen click on the web services icon (little icon in the bottom left corner).

Then, Click on the gear in the corner.

Scroll down to and click on Remove Web Services.

Followed this much? Tell me when you are back on the main screen after removing the web services.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Still no joy still saying istantink problem, will try again later. thanks for trying.

There are still some steps left.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok ,I have to go out soon.
  1. Once you are back on the main screen click on the web services icon in the corner again.
  2. Click on Setup and Yes. A page should print out.
  3. Go to Instant Ink's web page and sign in.
  4. Click on Add Printer now.
  5. On this screen enter the claim code that is listed on the page and click on Add.

If the page does not print in Step 2 then you can get the claim code by clicking on the web services icon in the corner again. You will see an email address that looks something like***@******.***. Your claim code is everything in the email address before the @ symbol. In the above case your claim code is a5bv77ty.

Reply when you are free so that further assistance can be provided.

Do rate the chat positively so that I can get credited for my services

nathan_mills, Technician
Experience: Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.

Which operating system are you using? And do you have time to start the remote desktop session or we can start it in afternoon as per your choice.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I

Have you tried setting up the instant ink account ?

CLICK HERE and then press I Agree. A file will get downloaded. Just open/run that file to start the remote desktop session.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry , i had trouble with computer, i have had an instant ink acount for a year and never had a problem until now, they automaticaly send new ink before old one runs out.

No. I gave you the steps to remove the the account from the printer and then you have to set the account again. Have you done that?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have sorted it now , it was my debit card, it needed updating as i have a new one, thank you for yoyr help.

I am glad that your issue is resolved. Good night.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do i get a refund for remote access which i did not use.

I will put that for refund. But please specify you rate me positively or not?