Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a Canon Pixma MG 3250, I had to uninstall it

Hi, I have a Canon Pixma MG 3250, I had to uninstall it temporarily but the MP Drivers would not uninstall even thought it came up as task complete, it also will not uninstall the online manual. I thought I would try and install the complete package again but it won't let me because of the MP Drivers. Can you help me please? Many thanks Sally
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What computer do you have?

Windows PC, or Apple computer?

Do you have a login account on your computer, with Administrator privileges (if you have a Windows PC) ?

I can instruct you how to get rid of the old drivers for the printer, I think. Let me know that data in Reply, please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Asus laptop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows, sorry I forgot to add that
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, thanks for the information.

What version of Windows, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the dreaded 10
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I do not dread it.

Are you logged into an account (Windows login account) with Administrator privileges?

1. usually your Windows login name is ***** ***** the top of the menu that appears when you click on Start.

2. look that login name up in Users (or User Accounts, perhaps) in Control Panel, and you'll see whether it is

Standard

Guest

or

Administrator

as far as account privilege level is concerned.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Administrator
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Good.

Then you should be able to delete printers.

Try it exactly this way:

Turn Off your Canon MG-series printer. Unplug it from the computer too.

Then go to Control Panel, then go to Devices And Printers (or Printers).

Select the icon for your Canon MG3250 by clicking on it once.

Press the Del (or Delete) key on your keyboard, once. (If asked to confirm deletion, choose OK or choose Yes.)

If an error message comes up, tell me exactly what the error message is, please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing came up, when I hovered over it, it says drivers unavailable
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

But the icon for your printer refused to delete? or, what happened?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No doesn't delete, the icon is not prominent in colour and the status is: Drivers not available
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried again and Icon has now gone, tried uninstalling the MP drivers and it still won't even though it goes through the process and tells me it has executed them
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK. You have to restart before you can install new drivers, *after* the old reference to the old drivers is gone by deleting that icon.

Also... you should, before restarting, go to

Programs and Features

and look in the installed Programs list, for any Canon programs such as, especially, 'MP Drivers', and select that, then uninstall it... and if it doesn't uninstall quickly, wait, be patient, let it finish.

Then when it *is* finished, restart.

And then when restarted and logged in again, Install the drivers for your printer again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, thank you, ***** ***** doesn't sort it, what shall I do put a hammer through it lo!! :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have just done all that but will not install the drivers it comes up IJ driver installer not working and the MP drivers will not uninstall as before
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Where are the MP Drivers (just vaguely), and how do you try to uninstall them?

And, what exact and full error message do you get when you try to uninstall them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, went through the procedure again and now it is working fine. Thank you for your support
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I am glad to hear that, with persistence, the problem is solved.

Thank you for making good use of the advisory resources of JustAnswer.com.

Please feel welcome to return at any time, and as needed, to ask another question, in any one of our numerous categories.