VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

My printer has started to give problems when printing black

my printer has started to give problems when printing black only documents . I have recently installed a new kodak ink cartridge.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assist you with this issue.

Have you performed a Printhead Cleaning recently?

What Country am I calling?

It was Great to call you in the UK. Happy to help in the resolution of this issue. As stated while we were on the phone. Here is the promised steps, Sir.

Lift printer front access door, take both ink cartridges out,
the black piece is the printhead.
When you see carefully at the center , there is a gray latch. you need to "pull it up", it will release the printhead.

Then, you need to acquire some glass cleaner and mix it with water. 1/4 of the Glass Cleaner and 1/8 of water.

Place the Printhead Nozzle Side down in a dish and use a cup or bowl to mix the solution in. Then use a teaspoon to feed into each Nozzle the solution. Do this until it comes out clear, Then you need to use cold water unmixed as a rinse to put through each nozzle to make sure each nozzle is clear of any leftover solution.

Lastly, the printhead must dry nozzle side down for three hours.

There we go Sir. If there are any issues, please let me know.