Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Canon MG7550 printer. Trying to print photos - repeatedly

Customer Question

canon MG7550 printer. Trying to print photos - repeatedly claims no paper/not aligned & will not print. Gloss paper is fine as are settings. Paper does not seem to be feeding as there are two small marks on paper after each attempt.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That may be a problem that you can fix yourself, perhaps, but first:

1. how old is the printer?

2. can it still print on non-glossy / non-photo paper?

Let me know, and I will give you a method for treating the problem, if it is indeed what I suspect it is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
new printer, only a few months old.
-Problem does occur occasionally with ordinary paper but not so often.
-Previously it has printed after 3 or 4 attempts not changing anything (on light gloss card) - have printed 50 photos before..
-Touch screen on printer temperamental
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does this help?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, thank you for the information. (Owing to time-zone difference, I was offline and asleep for awhile.)

Try this, on the paper feed rollers, the ones that are making marks on the paper but not moving the paper:

If the problem might possibly be owing to aging roller surfaces (for paper is fed into faxes and printers with rubber or plastic cylindrical rollers, that propel the sheet into or through the machine)... then you might need to clean the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not happening.

Remove all paper from the machine, unplug it, and open it so as to have access to the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not being done properly.

Take a clean high-quality lint-free rag cloth, moisten it with rubbing alcohol, and rub the rollers firmly all over their paper-contacting surfaces, three times over.

(If the rollers are hard to reach, there is another way to clean them... let me know if that is the case, and I will detail how to do the cleaning.)

Allow 5+ minutes for drying-off, then reload the paper, close up the machine where you opened it up, and then try again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, been away for the weekend. Cleaned rollers as suggested but doesn't seem to have made a difference. Still says ..'no paper..'
have gone through the whole thing - checking alignment, glossy side face down, checking settings for photo printing on computer program and printer display.. phew!.. what's going on?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Given that the printer was only a few months old as you said (and I fear I may have lost track of that a trifle for a bit), it was not likely the rollers were dirty.

You seem to have a defective-from-manufacturer printer, that couldn't last the 1 year period that is warrantied, in good working condition.

It looks to me as if it were time to invoke the free warranty repair conditions that the maker, Canon, provides. I advise you to contact Canon UK for that:

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/repair.aspx

or

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/warranty/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks - will contact them
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for consulting JustAnswer.com.

Please feel welcome to return at any time, and as needed, to ask another question, in any one of our numerous categories.

Good luck with the printer.