Sudipto
Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

Pixma mx925. Will work ok, but when left idle, will go

Customer Question

Pixma mx925. Will work ok, but when left idle, will go through as if resetting itself.
Then comes your printer requires repair, switch off, and remove mains lead.If you turn it off, and switch back on it will then work ok, until itis idle.
Sometimes you will here a clicking noise as it does its reset, and sometimes the paper door will open as soon as it is switched on.
Thanks John
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Have found the error code of B200, which seems to relate to printer cartridge fault, have checked all cartridges, and connections,they have all got ink in them, but they do not light up as they should do when connected to the printer carriage.
Hope this may help.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com. MY name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. The Error B200 means the printhead voltage or temperature is not normal. The Printhead could be defectiveand you may have to replace the printhead to solve the problem but first, try these solutions below:

Solution 1:

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer.
  • Wait 1 hour.
  • Connect the power cable

Solution 2:

• Check and Clean Head contact pin condition of the carriage unit
  • Check Cable connection especially the carriage FFC

Solution 3:

• Turn off the power
  • Open the panel
  • Turn on the power
  • Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left.
  • Let it go past half way
  • Before print carriage reaches left hand side shut the cover.
  • Leave the Printer turned on

Solution 4:

• Unplug the power cable.
  • Open the printer
  • Push the whole print head mechanic to the center
  • While the printer still open, plug the power and turn it ON.
  • When the printhead still moving and is going to the very LEFT, close the cover.
  • Wait until its boot up.

Solution 4a:

• Take out all of the ink cartridges
  • Lift up the grey bar by where the ink goes
  • Left the print head in the middle of the printer all while the printer was off.

Solution 4b :

• Clean the plastic head primers/cleaners themselves on the printer (the far right)

Solution 4c (thank you Rhiann):

• Turn off the printer
  • Open the cover
  • Turn on the printer
  • Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way
  • Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
  • Leave the Printer turned on.

Solution 4d: (thank you John Wittman)

• My Canon MX860 locked up with the B200 error when I continued printing without black ink. I removed printhead as described elsewhere and carefully flushed with hot tap water until no further ink waste was present. Reinstalled, but this did not resolve the B200 message and lockout.
  • Removed printhead again and this time removed 2 small screws (with jeweler's scredriver) on printhead to dimantle it. Use care to protect the ribbon cable. Do not try to remove this cable. You will see a complex rubber gasket. Remove this and clean with hot water. Set aside.
  • With screws removed, this will give access for more cleaning of the ink passages. Used hot water, then isopropal alcohol to wash, and finally a small (1/4") soft rubber tube to gently blow out water/alcohol from the printhead body. Be careful to not touch or push on the ink jets (little metal strips - large set for color; second set for black printing). Dried parts and reassembled. Carefully replace the gasket so that it fits over the plastic tips of the several ink ports.
  • Error B200 has disappeared
  • Ran printer maintenance from the PC: head deep cleaning, regular cleaning 3 times and head alignment check. Gradually print quality has been restored as ink has flowed into the printhead cavity and to the ink jets.

Solution 5:

Solution 5a:

Solution 6:

• Replace the power supply unit.

Solution 7:

• Replace the logic board.

Source: fyp.blogspot.