Sudipto
Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I have a Canon Pixma MP280. I have printed and trying again

Good afternoon, I have a Canon Pixma MP280. I have printed and trying again have an error E03 and three orange lights on of which C & B are flashing the third on constant. I have investigated for paper jam/foreign objects but nothing seems to be wrong. The copy I have is fine and I am sure no foreign object is in the machine.
Norman
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. The problem you are facing can be caused due to paper jam as well as carriage jam and sometimes due to a sensor problem. So first, open the printer cover and let me know if the cartridges can move to the center, automatically or not ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have opened the cover and nothing happens error window shows flashing o and ***** *****ghts C&D are flashing the other one is not lit
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

Do you mean the cartridges do not move to the center of the printer ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That is correct
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for the information, it means the problem is with the carriage. Please turn off the printer and then try to slide the cartridges with your hand and let me know if you can slide them or not ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The cartridges move to the left and to the right freely
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

OK, so when you try to slide them with your hand, the cartridges can move freely, right ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
They move freely to the left and back again to the right
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

Sorry, I do not understand. Do you mean when you open the cover the cartridges move from one side to another automatically or when you slide with them with your hand ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
when I open the cover I can move the cartridges freely from left to right and back again with my hand, as you requested.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

OK, thanks for the clarification. Now. slide the cartridges to left side and then power on the printer, let me know what does the cartridges do, after the power on ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Moved carts to the right, power then switched on. Carts bthe went to right then left the back to right and stopped. o still showing in fault window and C&D lights still flashing
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for the confirmation. It seems the problem is with the sensor and not with the cartridges. As first I thought that the problem is with the carriage, as you said the cartridges cannot move when you open the printer cover. But, as the cartridges can move freely and there is no paper jam inside the printer, as confirmed by you. That means only one thing is left and unfortunately, it is the sensor, which detects the paper position. The sensor can be replaced from any local repair shop, but before doing that clean the paper path and inside the printer with compressed air and this can dislodge any dirt from the sensor and solve the problem. I am very sorry for this bad news. Please let me know if you need any further information otherwise please remember to give at least 3 star rating to compensate for my time and effort.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
carts moved to left,, powered on carts moved to right then then to left then back to right and stopped, light and code window as before. I don`t have compressed air at my house any idea how much sensors cost?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

Sorry for the late reply. The price of a sensor can be around $15 to $20 but the main cost is the labor charges. I do not have much idea about the labor charge. I am giving you the estimated price of the sensor which are available in the local repair shops.

Sudipto, Engineer
Experience: DIploma in Computer Hardware