Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an hp deskjet f2483..continuous flashing

Customer Question

I have an hp deskjet f2483..continuous flashing ***** *****ghts..changed cartidges twice..as repeated message saying cartridges incompatible..more on line support now say printer may be the problem..but is it cost efficient to have it repaired ??
Category: Printers
Expert:  carlday1 replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Please could you let me know if you are using genuine cartridges and which lights are flashing?

I would suggest looking at the copper on the back of the cartridges and inspecting it for dirt or damage and the connecting plate in the cartridge holder. It may be that the cartridges have some dirt on them which is stopping the printer detecting them properly.

I feel that it is unlikely to be cost efficient to have it repaired, I would charge between £20 and £30 (I am based in the midlands and prices would vary in other areas) to inspect the printer if the printer needed parts they would be extra. To be honest home inkjets tend to uneconomical to repair. The only thing that may make a repair cost effective is if you have a stock of cartridges and then it may be worth considering.

I will try and help as much as I can using chat.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The flashing lights are ..the attention light and the colour and black cartridge lights. I am using genuine cartridges from hp and they are brand new ??
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
nothing more to add
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am using brand new genuine cartridges..second set! from hp suppliers . Flashing lights are..attention light and both colour and black cartridge..have checked copper strip..nothing obvious..
Expert:  carlday1 replied 5 months ago.

Does the cartridge holder move at all when you turn the printer on or lift the lid to change the cartridges. It could be that the cartridge holder is jammed.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No it is not jammed ..it moves freely
Expert:  carlday1 replied 5 months ago.

Was the printer working ok before the cartridges were changed. Have you had any paper jams recently?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The printer has been working perfectly previously..and have never had a paper jam..the only other change is a new lap
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Before I contacted you..I uninstalled the printer driver,thinking if i reboot everything I can it would reset itself..but no change ??
Expert:  carlday1 replied 5 months ago.

Could you remove the cartridges and power on the printer and let me know what lights flash.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
After removing cartridges and power...obviously nothing is lighting up as ther is no power to printer
Expert:  carlday1 replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry I never made it clear. I would like you to power on the printer with the cartridges removed.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Cartridges removed..with power on..still same three flashing lights ?