Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have a Canon Pixma MG3150 printer/scanner. I can print on

I have a Canon Pixma MG3150 printer/scanner. I can print on it, but can't scan, so I think it has only been set up for printing. How can I set it up for scanning without messing up the printing process. Thanks.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=c88c72b7-196b-4aac-8b34-e1d788c51bf5

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

First, does your computer have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10, or is it a Mac computer? And/or what's the brand / model of your computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't worry about it. I am not willing to pay anymore than £12 and now I am more concerned that Just Answers are trying to sign me up to monthly subscriptions. Thanks for the offer anyway.

I'm sorry. Monthly support subscription is only optional; this is a one-time support session per your request. Please let me know; we guarantee our service, so don't worry. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** was no tick box for no monthly subscription, so I have emailed customer support. Thanks anyway, but I was hoping for an easy solution to my problem.

I have let our customer service knows that you do not want a subscription, so there will definitely be no subscription for you. Scanning is a complicated issue, but I can fix it for you now. Do you have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10, or Mac computer? Are you available now?

Please let me know; we guarantee our service. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe I have windows 10 and I have a Microsoft surface book. I just thought there may be a link that you could send me that I could run to set up the scanner, which is the way I set up the printer.

Yes, I can provide you the link, so you can download and install the scanning program yourself.

Or would you like me to fix the issue directly on your computer for you?

Please let me know your option. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you could send me the link that would be appreciated. Thanks.

You're welcome. Please click on the Canon website below:

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg3150.aspx?type=download&softwaredetailid=tcm:14-1189499

, then there, download the MP Navigator EX software

, then open / run the downloaded file called mpnx_5_0-win-5_0_2-ea23_2... and install it.

, then open the MP Navigator EX program and use it to scan.

Please keep me updated; I will help further as needed. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bingo! Thank you very much for your help. Do I need to keep the link or will the scanner work automatically now? Only because when our IT guy set up the printer, he told me to delete the link once I had used it.

You're welcome. Great. You can delete the link, but you don't have to. Just leave everything as it is. Scanning will be working automatically from now on (as long as you do not remove the MP Navigator program from Control Panel or from Start -> Settings -> System -> Apps...) If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much for your patience.