IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have changed pcb on brother mfc-j6710dw out of a

Customer Question

i have changed pcb on brother mfc-j6710dw for one out of a mfc-j6510dw same pcb but it shows the printer as a mfcj6510 how do i change the firmware
Category: Printers
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's fine
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

If you haven't already, you can use the Brother Firmware Update Tool to update the firmware for the Brother mfc-j6710dw printer. Here is a direct link:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj6710dw_all&os=93&dlid=dlf004854_000&flang=8&type3=375

You will need to use a Windows computer (all Windows versions are supported) to download and run the Firmware Update Tool. After you click on the blue "Agree to the EULA and Download" button at the bottom, the Firmware Update Tool will start downloading, and you will also see the "How to Install" page with the full instructions.

Let me know if you succeeded.

Regards,
IT Miro

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Thanks,
IT Miro

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.