Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Printer Canon MG6350- is saying that another computer is

printer Canon MG6350- is saying that another computer is using the printer. It isn't, it was fine yesterday how do I tell it that nobody else is using the printer
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done that, it's still the same message - another computer is using the printer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you change the ink cartridges please and tell me if it now prints.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about this secure connection - I was scammed once - so I would rather not
I can't change the cartridges, most of them have just been changed and I am waiting for an order tocome - it can't be that, it was fine at 10pm last night
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

The wesbite offers it as a option, you can ignore it.

I need all the cartridges changed please, a cartridge fault can cause this error so we have to rule this out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then I can't do anything, I don't have all the cartridges, I've got the two blacks and a grey
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, we will try to reinstall the printer, but its likely we come back to this.

Go to devices and printers, right click the printer and select remove

Then restart the computer

Install the printer again like when you first received it and tell me if it then prints please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't - I didn't install it - I have no idea how to do this - I don't have a printer disc - you are talking to a 71 yr old idiot !
shall we just forget the whole thing?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

you do not need the disk, you can download it from my link below

http://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg6350.aspx?type=drivers&language=EN&os=WINDOWS%2010%20(64-bit)

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I would be happier if you did it, I was taken in once by somebody saying they were from Microsoft, because I realised what he was doing half way through I shut the computer down, he got his own back by blocking everything so I couldn't access my computer at all - it was very expensive to get everything sorted. ,but I don't have much choice,
can you go ahead thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
355 665 030 do you need the password
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its 3810
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3810