Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Canon pixma mg5250 On switching on, the and orange indicator

Customer Question

canon pixma mg5250
On switching on, the green and orange indicator lights at the front flash alternately, and the display informs me that a printer error has occurred "Turn off power , then back on again"
No joy, as the same keeps happening.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please try to print something from the PC and let me know, what error message do you get on the PC ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot print, as the display on my printer indicates "Printer Error" A small red ribbon at the top says "6A81"
My computer is a Mackintosh O.S.10.11.5, with Intel Processor.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I could not reply you back, as i was offline at that time, please reply me if you want to continue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please continue, as the printer is still unable to function
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

OK, I know that you cannot print from the computer, but do you get any error message on the computer, when you click the print command ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The panel containing the necessary information says "unable to send data to the printer" (which still flashes green and red alternately.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the information, now open the printer cover and let me know if the cartridges can move to the center or not ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. NO apparent movement.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** the carriage is jammed due to some problem, try one last thing, power off the printer then, try to slide the cartridges with your hand and let me know, if you can move them to the center or not ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after a little resistance the carriage moves fairly freely; but on attempting to switch on, the same fault appears. I have decided that it is probably best to write off this printer, and purchase another, as I cannot visualise any real prospect of success with this one.