Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Epson Printer WF-3520-I am getting error code 0xF1, can you

Epson Printer WF-3520-I am getting error code 0xF1, can you help please.
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: There isno evidence of anything stuck etc
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard,
The error first developed yesterday towrds the end of a lon print run. I switched it off/ on then - no luck. I then switched it off over night still no luck.
Dave
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.Send service offers please
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Dave

Can you power it off then open it up and check it for any foreign objects, anything that could have fallen in as well as any pieces of paper.

Even a very small torn piece of paper can cause this issue.

If possible, use a vacuum to clean it out, and the best is if you can turn it upside down and shake it to remove anything fallen inside of it.

Then power it on and tell me if it now works please

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me your phone number to call please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I assume you want a telephone number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have now sent this via 'private contact info'
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard,
I have vacuumed it out, had it upside down etc & cleaned nozzleson printer and cartridges but no luck. Power has been off again!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, thats a pity as its the internal mainboard that has faulted. This now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard,
I have vacuumed it out, had it upside down etc & cleaned nozzleson printer and cartridges but no luck. Power has been off again!Richard
I believe it must be out of warranty what is more cost effective, a new pronter or mainboard?
Dave
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

New printer, it is not worth the repair with the cost of printers these days

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard,
Dave
Thanks,
So much for doing the printing for a charity!
Thanks for your help,
Dave