Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

My Canon Pixma MG5550 suddenly stopped working and tells me

My Canon Pixma MG5550 suddenly stopped working and tells me "Support Code 1403 The type of print head is incorrect - install the correct print head". What is it trying to tell me as of course nothing has been changed from new? If the heads need cleaning can this be done and how?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, this hasn't helped unfortunately
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, can you remove the ink from the printer, then power it off, then power it on and tell me if the message changes please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In fact the inks were removed from the printer when I powered off/on.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, use a cotton bud and clean out the area where the ink goes in

Then put the ink back in and tell me if it clears the error please Phil

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, once again, I'm afraid not. I take it the head is not removable in this model?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Some models you can, and this is what I wanted to check next

Do you see a Grey locking lever like in this photo?

http://daydull.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/canon900printheadimage1-copy1.jpg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, everything is integral to the print cradle
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes, it is not removable, its part of the main construction, and it has faulted, so removing it would not help with this issue

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have the main internal unit replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks for trying. Just on the point of payments, please let me know how this proceeds. I wasn't looking to get into a subscription deal when I started your query procedure, but his seemed to be implied when it was half way through. I'll keep your contact for future one-off enquiries and I'm happy to ;pay you a small consideration for your help today but I want to make clear that I don't want to be paying monthly for anything. Could you give clarity on the position please?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You need to sign up for the monthly subscription Phil for there to bea monthyl fee, else its one off, I will send a note to Customer service to cancel it if you did by accident sign up.

Let me know if you need anything else please let me know and please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top then submit.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Was there anything else Phil? As for some reason you did not do a rating which means I receive no credit..