carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Hardware Engineer
69505510

In trying to print an A5 booklet - it will not turn the

Customer Question

In trying to print an A5 booklet - it will not turn the pages automatically, will only allow manual turning and thatb turns out upside down on one side. Please advise. It did it correctly the first time I printed the same booklet earlier today.
-Hope you can help me -
Pat
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Why do I need more information? Please explain.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ARE YOU LIKELY TO BE ABLE TO HELP ME THIS EVENING - OR WILL IT BE TOMORROW??
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 7 months ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please try and find the right professional - happy to wait a while - Pat
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  carlday1 replied 7 months ago.

Hi Pat,

My name is ***** ***** I will help with your question. Please could you let me know the make and model of your printer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
A Canon Pixma Printer - model MG6650
Expert:  carlday1 replied 7 months ago.

Is the paper size set correctly within the program you are printing from with auto duplex the printable area is 2mm smaller than normal so it may be the paper size is set wrong or the document is too big for auto duplex.

What program are you printing from?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Microsoft Publisher 16. The paper size is correct (A$) to fold to A5.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry A4 not A$
Expert:  carlday1 replied 7 months ago.

Sorry for all the questions. Have you managed to auto duplex before?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
NO - no idea what that is - sorry
Expert:  carlday1 replied 7 months ago.

Have you managed to ever get the printer to print two sided automatically

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
once, but the instruction drop down window no longer gives the auto two sided printing option, only the manual one and that one is not working properly either, tends to print all the pages straight through, not stopping to let you turn them over. In any case the turn over instruction makes it print it the wrong way up. In all not much use!!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
If you think it would help rather quicker, I will allow you to securely connect.
Expert:  carlday1 replied 7 months ago.

I was going to suggest remote connection as I can have a look at the printer settings.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 7 months ago.

Have you been sent an offer of secure remote assistance form just answer?

carlday1, Engineer
Experience: Self Employed Hardware Engineer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i will click on it.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
paid via PayPal
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What do i do now??
Expert:  carlday1 replied 7 months ago.

Is now a good time for me to enable the remote connection?