nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Technician
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

Can I scan and print an old slide from my Epson Expression

can I scan and print an old slide from my Epson Expression Home XP-335?
Category: Printers
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rosemarie. Welcome to justanswer.

Yes you can scan as well as print from Epson XP-335. You just need to install the necessary drivers on to your computer. If you want me to do that for you then choose Secure Remote Assistance

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question is can I scan a slide onto my printer and then print it ?

Can you specify what kind on slide are you referring here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's an old photographic slide that we used to view with a slide projector onto a white screen.

You can thorough a DIY. I am not sure but you can give it a try. Should I guide you through?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please

Set the Scan mode to highest quality or Professional mode if you can

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have now set printer to scan using usb mode.

Okay now you need a template. A small paper pyramid can be constructed (thick paper, thin card or even foam core board can also be used) to ensure that the light from the scanner is diffused around the slide, thereby illuminating the entire image, rather than a small portion.

THIS IS THE TEMPLATE

Print it

You need to make it like this

Check the attached image

Check this image also

Cut the solid lines and fold on the bro***** *****nes. All folds are upward--"toward" you--or "in" Crease the folds with a fingernail to make them sharp and smooth. Overlap the triangles on each side and tape, glue, or staple them together.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
done but would fail a maths?? exam

Clean the slide thoroughly with a damp cloth. Now find a means of securing it to the scanner.

Use sticky notes like shown in this attached image to secure the template with the slide.

And this one

Sorry the image didn`t attach. Check this one

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is the slide secured straight onto the screen or on paper? I've secured it to the screen but your examples look as if there is paper under it or that white just a reflection?

The slide is not secured anywhere. Put one end of the sticky note on the slide and put the template on the sticky note such that it stays there on the slide and doesn`t move. There is no paper on the screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok done

Capture the slide at 2400 DPI. One final tip is that it is wise to perform the scan in a dark environment. The slide should be near the center of the scanner glass, but the paper template can extend to either side of the slide. All it needs to do is reflect some of the light from the internal lamp onto the top of the slide, so that the scanner's sensor can pick up what passes down through the slide. Scan it with the scanner door open and check if this experiment gives any positive result.

Any success?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a scanned image and with a few enlargements and playing around I may have a photo , though I don't think the quality of the slide is very good. Many thanks for your help
rosemarie

Rosemarie, use a glossy paper next time and you will get better results

Please rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks.