Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

HP Photosmart 3310 All in One Ink cartridge door is open

HP Photosmart 3310 All in One Ink cartridge door is open seems to be jammed but cant see any causing the jam, it said a cartridge was out of date and this happened after replacing it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Do you still have the old cartridges handy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

remove the new cartridges and try to insert the old ones and then close the cover and let me know if that goes in fine and closes the cover.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO STILL WONT CLOSE EXCALAMTION MARK FLASHING RED
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

is the cover getting closed physically?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WE OPEN AND CLOSE
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Do you get the same error with the old cartridges?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WE DO
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let me know the full error and the code you get.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ink cartridge access door is open !
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Remove the old cartridges and close the cover and let me know if the error changes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the cover will not close
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

check the sides and the lock there must be some kind of paper piece or foreign object blocking he closing lock use a flash light or tap the printer from the ouside wall where there must be something stuck and that will get removed by tapping.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHAT DO U MEAN BY THE LOCK WE HAVE CHECKED HINGES NOTHING STUCK
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

if you have checked hinges and lock which sits fine and you still get the error that means one on the sensor is bad and that is a hardware fault due to which you are getting the error.

Printer would need a repair tech to get the sensor identified and replace it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HOW MUCH IS A TECHNICIAN TO COME OUT AND HOW LONG DO WE HAVE TO WAIT?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANK YOU MICHELLE BUT YOU HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO SOLVE OUR PROBLEM , WE WILL PURCHASE A NEW PRINTER
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

if the printer is within a year of purchase you may contact HP to get an inwarranty service by calling at 0207(###) ###-####

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

i hope you understand that in case of a hardware fault i can diagnose the faulty part but cannot make a bad part work again

if the unit is more than a year old, you may get a service done through any local printer repair store

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

let me know if you have any questions

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you
Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top of this page and hit submit.