Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

Just bought a new Canon MG29505 and I can't connect it.

Just bought a new Canon MG29505 and I can't connect it. Please help.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you see the cd/dvd device in Computer (or This PC) (or in Finder)?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Mac Book Pro

After inserting the printer's CD disc to your laptop, do you see the cd/dvd device on the Desktop screen? Or if you open Finder, do you see the cd/dvd device on the left?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
there is a silver disc icon on the screen

What happens when you open the disc icon?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No I don't want to spend any more money on this. I would like you to help me connect by email

OK. I can help you with written instructions here. What happens when you open the silver disc icon?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Five icons appear

What are the names of those icons?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Autorun,IF, Checsum, MSetUPChecksum. Mset4.exe and win (in blue box)

Thank you. The printer's CD disk is only for Windows (not Mac) computer. Let's try this: Remove the printer's CD disc from the laptop

, then click on the website below:

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/4/0100006054/04/mac-mg2900-1_3-mcd.dmg

, then it will start downloading the file called mac-mg2900-1_3-mcd.dmg

, once downloading is done, open the file mac-mg2900-1_3-mcd.dmg and install it

; follow the on-screen instructions to set up the printer.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
think I'm getting there but the installation process seems to be taking a long time. It says it's half way there. How long does it take normally?

In the installation process window, does it show the downloading process also?

Is the installation progress bar moving (slowly)?

Depending on your internet speed / service, it might take long for the download / installation to finish. Just let it run.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it's now saying 60%. Is that normal after about 20 minutes?

Yes, that's normal. Depending on your internet speed / service, it might take long for the download / installation to finish. It has to download all the printer's driver / software from the Canon server. Just let it run.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Also, it says in the online manuals that I can print off my iphone and ipad. Do I have to go through the same process for both devices?

No, don't download / install anything on the iPhone / iPad.

- On the computer, when prompted during installation, make sure to select the wireless option.

- Once wireless printing is working from the computer, then you can print from the iPhone / iPad also

; (on the iPad / iPhone, go to Settings -> Wi-Fi and make sure it is connected to your wi-fi / wireless network name first.)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you very much. It's all set up now. Can you please confirm how much I will be charged.

You're very welcome. Great. I'm the tech, so I'll have our customer service email you about the billing later, but it's the amount you've agreed to. If you have any concern later, please reply back any time. If you need help with any other computer / electronics question / issue in the future, please let me know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much for your patience.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
One more question - Is my new printer CLOUD READY? Or do I have to do something else.
I'm trying to print off my iPhone and it gives me two choices
1. Google Cloud Print
2. Air Print
what are these two?

Please select AirPrint. Thank you.

Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience: Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
All finished and yes, I rated you with an Excellent. Thank you very much once again.
Philippa

You're welcome. Thank you again.