Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 20+ years experience printer repair
59725966

Espon wf-4630 error message Assistant: Thank you. Can you

Customer Question

espon wf-4630 error message
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: error Oxf3
Category: Printers
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to justanswer

Open printer so that the cartridge housing is accessible (flip the scanner housing up). Turn printer off.While printer is off, gently slide cartridge housing to the left about halfway.Turn printer on. After cartridge housing moves all the way to the right (which it will do on startup), gently push up and back on the housing and continue pressing/gently jiggling as the housing tries to free itself.Eventually, the housing will snap back to the left which will stop tripping the error message. It can take quite a few tries.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found that solution already and tried it. It does not work. I believe that is also for a different epson printer, not the wf-4630
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On this printer, the cartridge housing is only accessible from the front door (not the top scanner lid).

Download this software and run it. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Install program and click Scan button.

Click the Fix Errors button when scan is completed.

Restart your computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You do understand this error is on the printer, not the computer?

Thanks for the info. Have you looked for any paper jam?

Cancel all the prints from the computer.

Open the front cover.

Remove any paper inside, including torn pieces.

If there is none, then look in the cassette.

Pull out the paper cassette and check.

Then check for jam in Duplexer and in ADF

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no paper jam. The printer worked this morning with blank ink only. My Magenta ink has been low. I tried to print this afternoon and it would not print at all because the magenta was completely out. I opened the printer door, took the old cartridge out and put the new one in (epson 786). As soon as I closed the door and it started loading the ink, the error code came up. I thought maybe it was a bad cartridge so I took it back to the store and got a new one. It continues to do the same thing.

Press and hold the red "stop" button for about 10 seconds. Now, press the yellow "reset" button and the power buttons at the same time. Now turn the printer back on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried it. no luck. if the power is on, any button I push it comes up on the screen "This operation is invalid". It won't let me do anything

I will let some other expert have a look at this.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2014 model printer, it is well into its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

This is considered a "fatal error" on epson printers, it cannot be repaired, as epson heads are not serviceable.

The printer would need to be replaced at this point. If by chance you are within the 12 month warranty still, Epson would cover that for you.

Even if beyond it, because this is a common failure, they will generally offer you a discount (about half price) on a replacement model, which will still cost much less than repairs would.

To file a claim or request that trade in/discount, call ***-***-****

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Nathan