nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Technician
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

Canon MP 270 - When trying to print a document I am

Canon MP 270 -
When trying to print a document I am receiving a message as follows : THE INK ABSORBER IS ALMOST FULL - PRESS THE PRINTER'S START BUTTON TO START BUTTON and, beneath that, CONTACT THE SERVICE CENTRE. I press the Start button but an "E" flashes continually. What is happening?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. I posted to your case by mistake, owing to a system bug. I apologize, and have Opted Out again, opening the case to other Experts again.

(No response to this posting is required.)

Expert:  nathan_mills replied 11 months ago.

Hi Alan. Welcome to justanswer.

Canon printers use small, spongy pads to absorb excess ink that accumulates while printing and cleaning the print heads. When these pads are saturated, the printer will notify you with an error message such as "Ink Absorber Full."

Can you tell me how old is your printer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, no more than two years old. It's been working pretty well till this happened. I have a PC engineer living nearby so can call him in now that we know what the problem is. Thanks.

Alan, Please rate the chat positively.

Hi Alan, How did things turn out. Do you require any further assistance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks; I cleaned out the ink tray and printer is working but still issuing the warning. I'm looking at an eventual replacement but it's working well enough so it's not urgent. Prices are quite low at the moment so it won't be a big issue but I may have some cartridges going to waste. Thanks again.

Please rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks

nathan_mills, Technician
Experience: Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.