VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I have an Epson Photo R2000. Yesterday both the Paper Out

Customer Question

I have an Epson Photo R2000. Yesterday both the Paper Out and The Ink Out lights started flashing continuously when I turn the machine on and I am unable to use it. I have tried turning it off and disconnecting it but the problem persists. W"hat can I do about it, please?
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 3 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assist you with this issue. Please see below, Sir or Madam:

Jammed paper or a foreign object is blocking print head movement. Turn off the printer, press the adjust lever down to the lowest position, and pull out the jammed paper. Open the cover and remove any jammed or torn paper or foreign objects. Then do one of the following:

Sheet Feeder: Return the adjust lever to the position. Turn on the printer, reload paper and press the paper button.

Roll Paper: Cut off the printed portion with scissors, then remove and reload the roll paper.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is no paper jamming the system, nor is any ink low or out. If I connect you, I doubt if you would gain access. When I turn it on all I get is the flashing lights. Is it going to be worthwhile trying?

Please unplug the Printer for 15 minutes.

Other steps to follow.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have tried unplugging it, but I have done it again. Perhaps with your influence it will work
  1. Turn off the printer power and unplug the power cord from the wall. Disconnect the computer interface cable at the back of the printer for 15 minutes. (You have already done this step.)
  2. After one minute reattach the power plug to the wall, but don’t reattach the computer cable.
  3. Hold down the ROLL and the PAPER ADVANCE buttons simultaneously.
  4. Turn the printer on. after 2 blinks, all the ink lights come on, then release the buttons being held down.
  5. Press and hold the ROLL button for 10 seconds.
  6. Release the ROLL button and the printer will initialize, which resets the Waste Ink Pad Counter.
  7. Once initialization is complete, turn the printer power off.
  8. Reconnect the interface cable.
  9. Turn the printer on and print a document.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Done all that. The two lights are still flashing. Shall I still try to print?

Yes please...

You are 10 minutes early. Did it work, Sir or Madam?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry, but the computer can't find the printer.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry. I misunderstood. One instruction said disconnect for 15 minutes, the other said reconnect after one minute. I think I had better start again.

Remove the Power cord for 15 minutes. Also, Remove it from the wall socket too.

Then start at number two in 15 minutes.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
right. I have connected the printer and pressed the two button but there has been no flash.

Ok, go on...

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have held down the buttons without any flashes, then turned on. still flashing!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Should I get a response from the machine even if it isn't turned on?

Ok, generally at this point getting the Printer Serviced is the next step. How old is it and is there a warranty still on it?

Wait, what did you say? No you should not as of yet.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No. It is well outside the warranty.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
do I hold down the paper and roll buttons after I turn it on?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Should I hold down the paper and roll button after I turn it on? and where should the flashes be?

Before you turn the Power on and hold them for two blinks once the Power is on once more.

Those last instructions did not send. I will get that fixed, Sir or Madam.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am not a madam. it will save you a bit of typing

Sir.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry, but I have tried everything you have suggested but to no avail.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Tried all you suggested. No luck so far.

No Sir, you have not. As stated above, you now must consider "Having the Printer Services."

What is the closest Major City nearest you in the UK?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hull or York

Ok.. Please hold on,

Ok, give Epson a call as to find the closest location nearest you to service you Printer. The number is *****:

01952 607 111