Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

After renewing all the ink cartridges on my Epson R320 photo

Customer Question

After renewing all the ink cartridges on my Epson R320 photo printer I failed to fully press down the retaining clip above the cartridge holder and when the printer powered up the carriage was unable to move fully to the right, and there appeared to be some kind of slippage in what I assume is the drive belt. Subsequently when I try to power up, the carriage does move part way in both directions while initialising but when it moves all the way to the left it makes a grating noise and the error light comes on with a message to shut down. Is there any adjustment or calibration I can perform myself? Thank you in advance.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. You can disconnect the power cable and center the carriage manually. This will recover the slippage in the drive belt. With the motor drive removed, there will not be a lot of resistance. Just apply a gentle but firm amount of force, and you should be able to make the adjustment, no tools required.

Please let me know if you have any problems with or questions about this advice. If I have solved your problem, I would appreciate a GOOD or an EXCELLENT rating. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING. Thank you for choosing Just Answer.