Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Kodak Hero 7.10 black ink leaking onto rollers

Kodak Hero 7.10
black ink leaking onto rollers
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

The most common cause for this is a faulty ink cartridge

Have you changed the cartridge to rule this out?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have changed cartidges
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it appears to be hardware problem not program?
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Yes it will be hardware.

Is it always leaking on every print?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
there is ink in the printer and has got onto rollers
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

ok, we rule out the firmware as the issue

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
that did not work, just the same but I need to get rid of the ink in the machine and clean the rollers don't I?
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

If you clean the rollers and the ink from inside the machine, the next time you print now it returns correct?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can clean it up but why is it leaking ink?
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

I want to ensure it is still leaking, it is not clear.

When you did my last instructions, did you then clean it, try to print and see if it returned?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
well it is not easy to clean it thoroughly but in any event we need to stop the ink getting on the roller, when I clean it the print Is better but not satisfactory.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

ok.. so I am assuming your saying yes to my last question?

that you now cleaned it and it returned?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it returned
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

It is the internal printhead that has faulted. It is either cracked or a seal is failing.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks anyway!
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Your welcome

If you need anything else please let me know and please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top then submit so I am credited

thank you

Richard, Engineer
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
cant get a star to light up