Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Pixma MG 3650 MP Drivers ERROR :- New port could not be

Customer Question

Pixma MG 3650 MP Drivers ERROR :- New port could not be created :0000
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please tell me a few more things about the problem, before I offer advice:

- What computer is this happening on, a Windows PC, or an Apple computer?

- Is the install of the printer's driver being done from a download, or from a CD/disc?

- Is the install of the printer's driver, being done for a USB-cable connection, or for a wireless connection to the printer?

Let me know through the Reply To Expert function, please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Windows 10 PC
CD Disc
wireless connection
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
New Printer First install

OK. Is Windows 10 listed on the label of the disc you are installing from?

Did you connect up the printer to the computer already? (that is best avoided in cases like these.)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OS Windows M1.0 on label
I followed instructions. turn printer on whilst installing drives
I have been on the Canon site and tried their download for this install an I get same result error
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the wireless connection goes from computer via router to printer

Try uninstalling the driver, and then restarting the computer:

- go to the

Control Panel

then the

View Devices and Printers

then click once on the printer's icon, and press Del to delete it.

Then make sure there are no other icons for this printer (or any Canon printer, that you don't have or no longer have) and select and delete any Canon printer icons found.

Then restart the computer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok I have done all that and waiting for next steps
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
would you prefer a securely connection to my computer?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello are you still with me?

I'm still here.

I just got back to the computer, I'm sorry for the delay.

Now, go to

Control Panel

System and Security

System

and tell me what the

System Type

says your computer is: 32-bit, or 64-bit ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am 64 bit

Good. Thanks for the info.

Wait a moment for my next message please...

Are you logged in to Windows, as an Administrator-privileged user?

Do not connect up the printer to the computer! unless the install software specifically asks you to do so and requires that you do so. Turn the printer Off meanwhile - again, unless specifically asked to turn it On.

Go to

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg3650.aspx?type=drivers&language=EN&os=Windows%2010%20(64-bit)

and Download the

MP3600 series Full Driver & Software [etc.]

and install it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK I have all you asked for

How's it doing? is the Full Driver & Software, for Windows 10 64-bit, installed, completely, from a Windows login with Administrator privileges? (which, when lacked, can mean there is not sufficient system privilege in the installer to actually create the port.)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i,m not sure how to login to admin

Check your current log-in.

Go to

Control Panel

Users (or, User Accounts)

and see if your currently logged-in account is privileged to Administrator, or only to Standard or Guest etc.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sorry I have that now

Is the account you are now logged in with, Administrator privileged, please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
when starting the install with Admin I now get a new error Information Acquisition error. Failed to acquirer info driver and software
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I run the software as Administrator .

Failed to acquire info driver and software. That sounds very odd.

What security software, and what anti-virus software, do you have on your machine, please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Check network connection and try again
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This is also part of the error message

That explains it better. What security software, and what anti-virus software, do you have on your machine, please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I run System mechanic and super anti spyware.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
should I turn them off

Those both sound quite second-rate.

One of them might possibly be causing the problem. Try turning the System Mechanic Off, while trying the install again. Hopefully that will clear the network path - if it does not, you have some other problem in your system, and need to download and install and update fully and do a Full Scan of your C: Hard Drive, with either

www.avast.com

or

https://free.avg.com

(but not both! - they are good names, and last I heard, free of charge, anti-virus and firewall/network-security applications.)

Let me know how it goes. Hopefully good results will be obtained.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok
thanks

Let me know how it goes, at your convenience, please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I tried all your instructions and after running AVG. Results install same problems
after running sfc space//scannow to scan the c drive and fix issues. no problems found. Results install same problems.
What can I try next please ?

You have acquired a problem on your computer with actually allowing wireless network communication with your printer.

Try disabling the AVG firewall temporarily when installing the printer's drivers over again - a long process, but necessary, otherwise you will get the

Check network and try again

error, probably caused by the efficient and excellent performance of AVG's firewall (when it is active). If AVG firewall is disabled, but you still get a Check Network And Try Again error, then your computer's network functions are disabled and corrupted enough to make wireless printing impossible, probably owing to the acquisition of virus or malware infection owing to having insufficient security software on the computer previously.

There are two possible treatments in practice as I see it at present:

1. use a USB connection instead.

or

2. re-install Windows on your computer from scratch, after backing up all data on the computer that is of value to you onto a separate device, for instance a flash drive.

Let me know what you think, whether you see other possible paths to take, etc.