Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

Have Cannon Pixma MG 5150 printer. Top paper feeder does not

Have Cannon Pixma MG 5150 printer.
Top paper feeder does not drop paper straight in. Instead it turns to one side (left) and printer jams.
How can I modify the printer settings to feed paper from front ?
John
Category: Printers
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 11 months ago.

Dear *****,

Thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you as quick possible.

When you print a document, click on "Properties" at the page where you´ve selected your printer. Then have a look at this picture please:

http://cdn2.expertreviews.co.uk/sites/expertreviews/files/2015/05/photo_printing_pixma_mg5650.jpg?itok=S0In9hDz

As you can see, there is a "Paper Source" setting near the lower right corner. Just select "Cassette" there, like in the picture. Then your printer will use the cassette instead of the top loader.

If it doesn't work, please just reply again and I will help you further on to fix your problem. That involves no additional costs for you, you can reply as often as you want until I was able to solve your problem to your satisfaction. If I already was able to help you, I would very happy about a positive rating (3 to 5 stars), because only then I get paid by JustAnswer with a part of your already accomplished payment, which mediated your question to me as an independent expert.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

P.S.: If you are having issues with finding the printer setting, I can also connect to your computer and change the setting for you. Please just let me know if you´d like to do that instead. Otherwise I am looking forward to your feedback and any questions you might have and of course, a positive rating if you were happy with my service. Thank you so much.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Followed your instructions but could not create the picture with``Properties``, so unable to select ``Paper Source`` as ``Cassette``.However, selected ``My Printer``, then a Page showing 5 printer related headings. Selected ``Paper Source Settings``.Selected source ``Cassette``.
Printer now working OK.

Dear *****,

I am glad to hear it is working now again and I thank you for the kind rating, which made me very happy! If you have any questions in the future, please enter them in the format "For expert ComputerVauck ONLY: Question ......." at the following site:

http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=78122054&SRD=true&rpt=21004

It´s best if you bookmark the site directly in your browser.

I wish you a great time and remain until next time with best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Also big thanks for the bonus, John, I highly appreciate that!! :)