Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Please could you advise me. I have an iPad with an operating

Hello there. Please could you advise me. I have an iPad with an operating system of iOS 9.3.5. I would very much like to start printing directly from my iPad and I am thinking of buying a Canon printer - the Pixma MG3650 Air. Will this printer and my iPad be compatible? I hope so because the size of the printer fits exactly the space I have available. I am 76 years old and moderately knowledgeable but am a little uncertain as to how My iPad and the printer will talk to each other. Will I have to download an 'app' to do this and if so which one is recommended as the best for this purpose? Or perhaps they will talk to each other without and app? I hope that there will be clear instructions with the printer to get everything up and running. My printing needs are very simple - just to print out emails and documents. I will not be printing photographs for example.
So I would welcome your advice please before purchasing the printer, for which my grateful thanks. Sincerely, *****
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Yes it will be, you connect it to your wifi network, make sure you connect your iPad to your wireless network and you can print from your iPad to the printer directly.

You use the Canon PRINT Inkjet-/SELPHY-app for this which is free from the app store

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for the advice but am rather taken aback at having to pay for this. I thought I was asking a question directly on the canon website and to a Canon sales adviser. However I am grateful for the advice BUT do not want any ongoing service for which there are charges. So - thank you again but please confirm that my contact is a once only event and there will be no further charges. Sincerely, *****
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Ok, this is a paid service, this is why you paid, it is only one time unless you join the subscription

But if you need anything else, please let me know and please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit so I am credited as I provided clearly and accuratly the service you requested.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello Richard.I am being perfectly honest now by saying that I am finding it difficult to give you a rating that comes with any degree of enthusiasm and satisfaction. I believe I have already intimated to you that finding there was a charge came completely out of the blue because I am convinced I was connected to the Canon website and to a Cannon sales representative and I was expecting to get the normal free advice one expects from a firm when one is trying to buy something from them. Can you think of any reason why I was diverted from the canon website to your own website? Has it happened before? I can't believe I am not the first person to have been caught out like this. Perhaps someone should look into this to stop it happening.
So in this instance and simply to put this matter to bed I feel I am forced to accept what has happened and write off the expense off as an unfortunate, unsatisfactory and expensive incident.
I believe your ratings are in five sections. I think you will understand because of the above I will not be giving it the top rating although you did give me an answer which I have yet to test as being correct. Perhaps you can tell me now how I get back to the page with the ratings on so that I can select one of them. Thank you, *****
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

It is of course up to you how you wish to proceed Stewart, but no where here did we say we are a Canon website or is that even displayed anywhere, we support all technologies.

If you wish to o the rating you can do so at the top of the screen via one of the stars then submit.

Richard, Engineer
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I want to put this to bed and be finished with it. I recognise that this unfortunate event is not directly of your own personal making but there is something amiss somewhere and someone needs to be looking into it. At no point did I make a conscious choice to consult 'JustAnswer' - a website I never knew existed. Somehow I was mysteriously taken from the Canon website and moved onto your own. I may take this up with Canon as well. Perhaps you should make it much clearer very early on that the advice has to be paid for.
So - I see that unless I rate as three star you will not be credited? Purely to finish this I will reluctantly give the 3 star rating but it is with some sense of grievance that I do it. Sadly this experience has left a bit of a bad taste. Stewart Denham