Sudipto
Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

My canon ix6550 printer is not working and the blue and

my canon ix6550 printer is not working and the blue and ***** *****ghts are flashing. I checked the cartridges and they seemed OK - I unplugged the printer for 70 seconds and turned it on but the problem persists.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The lights are flashing alternatively or together ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
flashing alternatively
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

Remote support is used to solve software problem, so I want to be sure if this is caused due to software issues, please let me know , if the flashing alternatively or together ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
did you receive my previous message 'flashing alternatively'
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

Now, I can see the message. Please do one thing, follow the flashing very carefully, you will see that, both the light will turn off for a sec and then start flashing again, let me know how many time the lights flashed between the off-stage, like 10 flashes then off and then fashes for 10 times again etc.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
10 flashes. on the tenth flash the blue light stays on while the amber is off. then the sequence repeats
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for the information, 10 flashes means the printhead is defective or loose, please follow the steps below to remove the printhead from the printer then, clean the contacts on it with a cotton swab dampened in IP alcohol. Wait until it is dry and then reseat the printhead. Now, if the flashing does not stop then, unplug the printer for 10 mins. and check the result. If the problem persists then, unfortunately the printhead is defective and you have to replace the printhead to solve the problem. Please let me know, if you need any further information otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Remove the print head or ink tanks properly following the procedure below.

1. Confirm that the printer is powered on and open the paper output tray and the top cover.

(1) Put your finger in the center of the top of the Paper Output Tray and open it gently.
    (2) Extend to open the Output Tray Extension.
  2. Open the top cover. The print head moves to the replacement position.

Note: When the top cover is opened more than ten minutes, the print head moves to the right side. If this occurs, close the top cover, and open it again.
  3. Remove the ink tanks by pressing the tab (B) of each tank, and then lift them out of the printer.

Do no touch the Print Head Lock Lever (C).

Note: Handle the ink tanks with care so that your clothes and surrounding area do not get soiled. When replacing multiple ink tanks, make sure to replace one by one.
  4. Raise the print head lock lever, and then lift the print head out.
Sudipto, Engineer
Experience: DIploma in Computer Hardware