Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Canon Pixma MG7550 is connected wirelessly to my MacBook

Customer Question

My Canon Pixma MG7550 is connected wirelessly to my MacBook Pro but takes for-ever to print pdf files. Word and other files print fine. Help!
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I want to retain the wireless connection because I use other devices to print from the Canon!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 11 months ago.

Hi Richard. Welcome to justanswer.

A PDF file can contain damaged content such as images or fonts that Acrobat cannot process during printing. Printing a PDF file as an image bypasses that processing by sending the printer a simple image of the document instead.

Print the pdf file as an image and then check if it still takes that much time or not.

Hi Richard, how did things turn out?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Nathan. Sorry it has taken a while for me to respond. Things domestic and a holiday got in the way! I have tried to implement your suggestion, but it is still very slow printing pdf files. I'm not entirely sure that I have found the best way to print as an image file anyway. There doesn't seem to be that option in the Pixma print menu!

Richard can you opt for Secure Remote Assistance so that I can

Choose File > Print, and then click Advanced.

If you don't see the Advanced button, click the Down Arrow (to the right of the Printer pop-up menu).

Select Print as Image

Check the images in this link

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/quick-fix-print-pdf-image/_jcr_content/main-pars/img_0.img.png/Print-as-image-screenshots-at-50prct-v21.png