Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Canon MG6659. Wireless printer states error has occurred.

Canon MG6659. Wireless printer states error has occurred. Support Code 5011
Says cancel printing and turn device off and on again but there's no printing job to cancel. Have turned printer offand on but error message still there. Have deleted printer from macbook but to no avail. Please, any help would be appricated. Est
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you Richard. Will be back in touch with you in 10 minutes.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Midel us MG 6650. Sorry for the typo.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

thats ok, I saw this before,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Replugged printer in. Same error message on printer screen.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, can you go on the mac book please and instead of deleting the print, choose to reset printer system

This will remove all printers but we need to do this

Then restart, install the printer and tell me if you can now print please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry. We dont know how to reset the printers.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can not rest printers on macbook.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do you have Canon service support telephone number please.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

what happens when you try?

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We dont know how to reset printers on macbook.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

No problem, you do the following please

1. From Apple menu choose “System Preferences” and select the Printers preference panel
  2. Control+Click in the left side printer list (or optionally, right-click on a specific printer if one is shown) and select “Reset Print System…”
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you. Its reset.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Going to reinstall the printer.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, now restart, install the printer and tell me if you can now print please.

Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Printer added.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
States error last used. Nothing in print queue. Erroe message in on prtinter screen.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

you restarted the computer first before reinstalling? As per my instructions? As that was very quick

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Should printer be turned off at same time as computer.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

No... but I am going to again repeat the instructions, please do them exactly as I listed.

Reset Printer System Again

Restart computer

Then install printer please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok thanks doing all that now. Sorry for confusion.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Message on macbook; idle last usedMessage on printer, same as before
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Can you tell me the make and model of your wifi router please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We are currently in Spain so not sure if you can help with that. Shall we call it a day? Many thanks for your time and help.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If you know the Canon Service Centre number that I can call, that would be helpful. I cant locate that!! Thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, though there are additional steps we can do, as we need to rule out the wifi router, but I will mark this question to remain open if you wish to resume.

Though canon will just have you do the same things I am getting you to do... but it's###-##-####/p>

If you need anything else, let me know

And please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen the submit

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you ever so much and I will rate as and when we can. Sincerely ***** ***** all your help. Estelle
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok Estelle, though I am only credited if you do the rating and I am not sure why this could not be done? Unless you wish to continue further with me which is my preference.

Richard, Engineer
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering