nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Technician
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

My Canon Pixma mp280 has suddenly decided not to switch on.

Hello, My Canon Pixma mp280 has suddenly decided not to switch on.
Bought in 2012, not heavy usage.
Category: Printers
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.

Hi Anthony. Welcome to justanswer.

Can you tell me if the led on the adapter of the Canon printer is glowing or not?

Try changing the ports and check. And if you are using any surge protector then connect the plug directly to the plug and try.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no LED in evidence. I have tried a different port. The printer is connected via a batten extention, keyboard, mouse etc which is itself connected to the power via a surge protector.

The power is not being supplied to your printer. You should try replacing the battery extension or check the voltage at the end of the battery extension port if it is supplying proper voltage or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not a battery extention. The printer is connected to the mains via an extention cable, which is into the mains via a surge protector. Is there an internal fuse in the printer which can be accessed?

Use without the surge protection

If it is still not working, then check the voltage at the extension cable's end port which is connected to the printer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just tried an unprotected outlet.....no joy. Unfortunately haven't got a meter to check volts.
I think it's generally tired of life.
Thanks for your help. Tony.

Most probably the extension cable is faulty. Call a technician and get the voltage checked.

If the fault is with the power supply board then the circuit will be changed and it will cost you around £40.

Please rate the chat positively by clicking the 5 stars present on the upper panel so that I can get credited for my services. Thanks