Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have a HP photosmart 5524.It has worked perfectly from new

I have a HP photosmart 5524.It has worked perfectly from new but recently it sa stopped working after a paper jam. This was cleared in the normal way but it still comes up with the paper jam message .It makes a few clicking noises but will not draw paper through.
please can you advise
thanks
clive
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you for responding . I have already done this a few times --and indeed reconnected to my alternative pc --Seems to make no difference
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Can you power it off, then open the printer where you change the ink.

Wipe down all rollers inside the printer, clean these as best you can.

Then let it dry for 20 minutes and tell me if it now prints correctly please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Richard--will do
I have also taken out the back lift off cover (per instructions on screen) and established that there is no paper stuck anywhere in the machine . turned on again --no change --it still indicates paper jam !
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, let me know please the results of my last instructions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I had cleaned the rollers as you instructed --no change in situation
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, open it please and remove the power to it.

Then use a Vacuum cleaner and vacuum it all out, making sure to remove any items (even a small piece of paper can cause this issue)

Then close it up, remove the paper, put it back in and tell me if it then operates correctly please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Now done. Having removed the cover/rollers at the back I just cannot see any obstruction or bits odf paper at all?
no change in screen message !
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

It is the internal power sensor that has faulted, we have ruled everything else out

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Richard, Engineer
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you Richard --at least I have a way forward ,even if it has to sent back for repair--might be cheaper to buy a new printer?
clive