Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Canon MG5250 Ink cartridge carrier remains at right hand

Canon MG5250
Ink cartridge carrier remains at right hand side...instead of moving and then finishing in the centre.
Error light flashing
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

When you switch the power source off, did you disconnect it from the power and if so, how long?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kept it unplugged for approx. 30 minutes.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

If you open the printer, does the printhead then move to the middle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Message now flashing... Error 5800
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, can you do the following please

• Turn off the printer
  • Press and hold down the STOP button (Red) While still pressing STOP, push and hold down ON/OFF
  • Release the STOP button and press it again (2 rapid taps). (keeping ON / OFF is pressed)
  • Releasing all the buttons until you see the word "idle" displayed on the printer screen.
  • Press the STOP button (5 rapid taps)and then two times quickly on the ON/OFF button.
  • Turn the printer off and start it normally ...

Does this clear the error?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****, If lift the lid of the printer...inks now move to the middle. ... But ... the computer is asking for the 'Canon 'disc to install the printer... and this I have not got. so now I am in a stalemate. In the control panel the printer status is offline
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****, Sorry that I didn't give you 5 stars, but I had given up the will to live. !!! and went and had something to eat. The web site was not simple to use and kept jumping to various topics....I would have thought that the ''conversation' would have been a straightforward Q/.A. Anyway...tried and tried, but each time the printer installation failed... So...I am going to leave it for now...and try again, maybe tomorrow; everything is right back to the beginning....Inks stuck at the right hand side...orange light flashing and Error 5B00.... and I lost a few hours of my life...Hohummmm !! Thank you anyway. Jen.