Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

How can I get my HP 5515 to set out with narrow margins 1.27

Customer Question

I have chosen that in the print settings but it prints with margins of 2.5
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

I am not sure at this point of two things about your question:

1. do you want remote control assistance, my adjusting the settings of your printer (on your computer) while you watch ?

2. how are you measuring the margin that results from your printout, the margins on the actual printout? are you saying '2.5 inches at the left, and another 2.5 at the right' ? or 2.5 inches when both left and right margins are added together?

3. are you printing from a Windows PC, or an Apple computer?

4. are you printing from MS Word, or some other program, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. If necessary yes please.2. the margins are measured in centimetres 1.27 centimetres each side narrow which is what I want and set in settings. The printed margins come out at 2.5 centimetres each side3. Windows PC OS 104. MS Word
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK. I will give you an offer for Remote Control service in a moment... I will need to briefly look over the situation on your computer and see what is wrong and what is (undoubtedly) right about it. Also I will be able (I hope) to show you a technique or two that you may not know of, that will help with printing in future.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What private contact info do you require?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

That entry is for a phone # if we were communicating by phone - I will be able to 'chat' with you while I remotely control your PC, on your computer's screen.

OK, thanks. Here's the link to click on:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d6641c87-f2b2-4142-b77e-7fbdbcb107bc

to download the small 'Elsinore' application that will start your end of the remote control session. I have started my end and will be waiting to connect.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

The remote session seems to have locked up or been terminated.

I suggested at the last, that you choose Narrow Margins, then set manually the Right Margin to 0, and see how that goes.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

That margins problem may happen owing to not having proper and fully updated drivers for the printer installed on your computer.

If you want to try a procedure to put the drivers onto the computer in a way that is most likely to have a favorable effect, let me know, please.