Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Xp225 having insertedinks Iam unable to lower the scanner

xp225 having insertedinks Iam unable to lower the scanner unit.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I am not sure what problem you are having with the scanner unit lowering, but I presume it has nothing to do with the ink cartridges not being inserted properly and secured in their places, etc.

So it is just the procedure for lowering the scanner unit again, from its raised position, that you need, I am guessing.

If you have not pressed the triangle-circle button gain, to move the cartridge carrier back, please do so.

Then, you pull upward a little on the scanner unit, and while still supporting it and thus taking the weight off the hinge at the left that supports it, press the hinge at the left that supports it when it is raised, to collapse it and let the scanner lid down, then lower the scanner lid gently downward.

This illustration may help with the process: (see attached image file.)

- If your problem with the scanner lid is something else, let me know, please, and in that case I will advise you appropriately.

And, if this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.