Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have been using my Canon Pixma MG 5550 printer for a time

Customer Question

I have been using my Canon Pixma MG 5550 printer for a long time on both my laptop and my iPad now, for some reason it is saying no airprinter found not connected to the computer. I was using it one minute the next it came up with this message.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the status of the wi-fi / wireless light / icon on the printer?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Was there any change recently to your internet service / internet modem / router device that may have caused this issue?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please try the following:

Solution #1:

- Disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet modem / router device(s) for about 5 minutes, then re-connect. Then wait about 5 more minutes, then see if you can printer from the laptop and the iPad.

Solution #2:

- If needed, on the iPad, press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit. Then open Settings app icon, then tap on option Wi-Fi, and there, make sure it is connected to your wi-fi / wireless network name.

Solution #3:

- If that does not work, on the printer, go to the option WLAN, then option Wireless LAN Setup, the option Standard setup, then select your wi-fi / wireless network name and connect, then see if you can print from the laptop and iPad.

; Note: If needed, your wi-fi / wireless password ***** key may be at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device(s); it is case-sensitive.

- Please click on the Canon website below for full instructions / illustrations:

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/mg5550_printer_wireless_connection_setup/

, there, click on the option Standard Connection Method first, then follow the steps there.

- If successful, the printer's screen should display Connected to the access point, then press OK, then do not follow any more step, but just try to see if you can print from the laptop and iPad.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Blue wi fi light on
Windows 10
No change to my service etc ax far as I am aware. It was printing OK and now it says ' no air printers found' and no connection. When I press print on my laptop the printer starts up and makes noises but then stops.

Thank you. Can you please try this first:

- Turn off the printer, then disconnect the power cord from the printer for about 2 minutes

, then re-connect, then turn on printer

, then wait a bit, then put a document or photo faced down on the printer's glass, then press the Copy button / option on the printer, then does it make a copy fine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it copies fine

Thank you. Please try the following:

Solution #1:

Solution #2:

Solution #3:

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the printer is working now but very spasmodically, when I select print on my laptop nothing happens and the print page disappears, I select print again and the printer eventually works with a lot of whirring.

The printer could have hardware issue. Does this issue occur when printing from the laptop or iPad or both?

- Can you please put a document or photo faced down on the printer's glass again, then press the Copy option / icon on the printer, then does it copy fine? Does it also make a lot of whirring when copying like when printing?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only when printing from my laptop. It copies fine and doesn't make a whirring noiese
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems like a delayed action. For instance when I select an email to print I click the print icon and the print page comes up with all the relevant info e.g how many copies etc then I select print and after a few seconds the page disappears. I go through the process again but before I press print the machine bursts into action and prints the email.

Thank you. the printer's wi-fi / wireless hardware might have issue.

Do you have a USB printer cable to test printing with cable / wired connection?

Please let me know. Thank you,