Thank you. Please try the following:
- Disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet modem / router device(s) for about 5 minutes, then re-connect. Then wait about 5 more minutes, then see if you can printer from the laptop and the iPad.
- If needed, on the iPad, press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit. Then open Settings app icon, then tap on option Wi-Fi, and there, make sure it is connected to your wi-fi / wireless network name.
- If that does not work, on the printer, go to the option WLAN, then option Wireless LAN Setup, the option Standard setup, then select your wi-fi / wireless network name and connect, then see if you can print from the laptop and iPad.
; Note: If needed, your wi-fi / wireless password ***** key may be at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device(s); it is case-sensitive.
- Please click on the Canon website below for full instructions / illustrations:
, there, click on the option Standard Connection Method first, then follow the steps there.
- If successful, the printer's screen should display Connected to the access point, then press OK, then do not follow any more step, but just try to see if you can print from the laptop and iPad.
Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,