I'm sorry about the issue. What's the status of the wi-fi / wireless light / icon on the printer?
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?
Was there any change recently to your internet service / internet modem / router device that may have caused this issue?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Please try the following:
- Disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet modem / router device(s) for about 5 minutes, then re-connect. Then wait about 5 more minutes, then see if you can printer from the laptop and the iPad.
- If needed, on the iPad, press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit. Then open Settings app icon, then tap on option Wi-Fi, and there, make sure it is connected to your wi-fi / wireless network name.
- If that does not work, on the printer, go to the option WLAN, then option Wireless LAN Setup, the option Standard setup, then select your wi-fi / wireless network name and connect, then see if you can print from the laptop and iPad.
; Note: If needed, your wi-fi / wireless password ***** key may be at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device(s); it is case-sensitive.
- Please click on the Canon website below for full instructions / illustrations:
, there, click on the option Standard Connection Method first, then follow the steps there.
- If successful, the printer's screen should display Connected to the access point, then press OK, then do not follow any more step, but just try to see if you can print from the laptop and iPad.
Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,
Thank you. Can you please try this first:
- Turn off the printer, then disconnect the power cord from the printer for about 2 minutes
, then re-connect, then turn on printer
, then wait a bit, then put a document or photo faced down on the printer's glass, then press the Copy button / option on the printer, then does it make a copy fine?
Thank you. Please try the following:
When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,
The printer could have hardware issue. Does this issue occur when printing from the laptop or iPad or both?
- Can you please put a document or photo faced down on the printer's glass again, then press the Copy option / icon on the printer, then does it copy fine? Does it also make a lot of whirring when copying like when printing?
Please let me know. Thank you,
Thank you. the printer's wi-fi / wireless hardware might have issue.
Do you have a USB printer cable to test printing with cable / wired connection?