Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have an HP photosmart printer .fault was paper jam now its

i have an HP photosmart printer .fault was paper jam now its showing ink system failure will this need technical repair
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
still showing same fault 0xc19a0003 it please turn printer off then on but tried all that
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, on the printer press left arrow, cancel, left arrow. Then you can reset the printer.

Tell me if this then clears it please

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no arrows shown only screen with ink system failure
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, remove the ink cartridges and clean out the area inside where the cartridges go in, then put the ink back in and tell me if this then clears the error please.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
removed cartridges and holder cleaned unit and connector strip replaced still the same
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

It is the ink system that has faulted, other factors can trip this off but we have now ruled this out.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.