VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

My Dell colour later printer is printing a load of rubbish,

Customer Question

My Dell colour later printer is printing a load of rubbish, it looks like when you take a photo and the light is all wrong, black bits are white etc (but not all - all the colours are actually present just not in the right places, although red and yellow seem ok), I've changed all the toner cartridges (although it didn't say they were out) and it made no difference. I've reinstalled drivers, let it cool etc nothing seems to work. It was printing ok a couple of hrs ago... Any ideas?
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The photo attached when printed comes out like the bleached one (titled bad_print) for exampleThanks, Jason
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assist you with this issue.

Has this issue ever happened before? The age of the Printer? Have you serviced the Drum and used the Corona Wire?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, not this has never happened before, I was printing about 30 pages and the first 20 came out ok and then it started to degrade so the last pic was like the one shown. The printer is probably about 10 months old. It's probably only printed about 500 pages however. I don't even know what the Drum or a Corona Wire is? I haven't seen anything about these in the manual?Thanks, Jason

Ok. Each of the Color Cartridges in this printer has a little plastic shuttle that is used to clean the Corona Wire on each of these cartridges. Remove one and look at the narrow front of it and you will see a Tab that is a slightly different color or even the same color as the plastic of the Toner Cart.

Do you see it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** doesn't actually look like that. It has a rod I push in to clean it, I didn't realise that the coroner wires are in there but I assume they must be. I have pushed the cleaning rod in multiple times to each slot (behind each cartridge) but it made no difference. Any other ideas?Thanks, Jason

Ok, give me a few minutes to look at the photo. Also, can you send me more Pics of the Carts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attached, thanks, Jason

Thanks....