Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

Why won`t my PIXMA MG4250 print adobe files?

Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it able to print anything else?

Is there any error or message when printing an Adobe PDF file?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have already paid £13 when I asked the question! The error is only in printing PDF files. My son has been on google for an answer and it told him that my printer will only print files originating on a particular canon printer. If this is so there is something very wrong with the machine, that I wasn` t told about when I bought it.

Thank you. What's the exact error or message when printing a pdf file?

What is the brand / model of your computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The message could not be printed. My computer is a Lenovo laptop which I have had for three years and it has always printed pdf files until I changed my printer to a canon Pixma MG4250.

Thank you. All printers should printer PDF files. On your Lenovo laptop, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=f1bea470-4f47-47dd-8a6a-c441577b59c9
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/hfro5u5

, then click on Run or Open (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

When you are available, please reply back to continue. Or you can try the following fix:

STEP 1:

- Open Control Panel. (If needed, press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and R on the keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window will open)

, then open Programs / Programs and Features (or Add/remove programs)

, then uninstall / remove the item Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (or Adobe Reader...) for now

STEP 2:

- Click on the website below:

https://www.foxitsoftware.com/products/pdf-reader/

, then there, click on Free Download

, then click on Download

, then save / run / open the download file FoxitReader...

, and install it.

; One installation is finished, then open a PDF file and see if you can print it fine.

- Note: Only if needed, download and install the latest printer driver at the Canon website below:

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg4250.aspx?type=drivers&driverdetailid=tcm:14-960290&os=WINDOWS%207%20(64-bit)&language=

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I`m sorry I had to breakoff the connection as I had to go out and was not home until 11.30pm. I did manage to print one PDF file yesterday. I will try again today but so far so good. Thank you for your help, if I have any mor trouble I will get back to you.

You're welcome. That's okay. OK, if there is still any issue later, please let me know any time. Thank you,