nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Technician
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

HP Officejet 7000 Large Format not picking up paper from the

HP Officejet 7000 Large Format not picking up paper from the tray. Have done everything suggested on HP website with no joy.
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: Not really, cannot see anything jammed

Hi. Welcome to justanswer.

Are you getting any error on the printer or on the computer screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The first errors I got was ink running out lights on printer, although there was in. The next thing was paper tray empty, on replacing paper the problem started

Have you checked if paper source is selected as main tray. Can you start the remote desktop session so that I can check and resolve the issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have checked paper source. Not sure what you mean by start remote desktop session

Through Secure Remote Assistance I can connect to your computer and check the issue myself. It is fast and efficient way to resolve these kinds of issues.

Your money will be refunded if the issue is not resolved. Let me know if you would like to proceed through that

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before I connect, am not sure whether this is a mechanical fault needing replacements as you hear the sound of something trying, but making a noisy sound

Remove all the paper from the paper tray and then again put them back

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done that

Start the session so that I can check

Once you click this link below on your computer
(CLICK HERE)
A file will automatically get downloaded. Check your download section, a file named ELSINORE.SCREENCONNECT will be present. Just open that file so that I can connect to your computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will not open as I am on a Mac

Cancel all the prints in the print queue and then turn off the printer.

Disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet.

Wait 30 seconds.

Replug the power cord into the electrical outlet.

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Security and Privacy and at the bottom choose Anywhere from the General tab

CLICK HERE and then press I Agree. A file will get downloaded. Just open/run that file to start the remote desktop session.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The general tab does not give the option of anywhere, only app store and app store and identified developers

Yes select that as Anywhere

You are not getting the option. Then leave it

Try this:

1. Load letter, A4, or legal unused plain white paper into the main input tray.

2. From Printer's Control panel: Press and hold (Power button), press (Resume button) three times, and release (Power button).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Comes up with out of paper Load paper in the appropriate tray

Have you checked if the paper size is correctly set

Have you cleaned the rollers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Set to A4
When you press print rhe printer starts as if trying to pick up the paper. But comes up with message no paper in tray, although there is. Have taken off the back panel and cleaned rollers on panel itself and also the rubber ones in back of machine, Have taken nothing apart

Remove the stack of paper and keep a single sheet of paper and push it as far as it goes without much force. Try printing again

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing, sounds like it goes through the motions but does not pick up and warning light comes on.

How old is your printer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aprox 2 to 3 years, but not used continually.

I think there is some issue with the feeding rollers. The wheels sometimes break which causes this kind of issue as the feeding roller doesn't move to pull the paper up. You will need to take this to a local repair. It will not cost you much. The repair will cost you around £15

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I thought it might be a mechanical problem as all the things you suggested I had tried previously.

Sometimes the issue is software related and that is why we have to adopt this step by step approach.

Thanks for the ratings. Good night.