Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

To whom it may concern, I have a Canon PIXMA printer (

Customer Question

To whom it may concern,
I have a Canon PIXMA printer ( seriar number ADXH75292), it was bought from Amazon unfortunately I don't remember when it was purchased or have a valid receipt.
I've been through all the trouble shooting and read the manual, but I'm having real problems printing photographs from my computer files, the message that repeatedly comes up is the papersize is not correct turn off your computer and reset, I can't remember how many times I've tried this going through all the properties listed and changing them appropriately. Please kindly advise. Many thanks.await your prompt reply.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Canon MG2450 model goes with the above question
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Thank you for adding your printer model # to your question.

There may be something basic wrong with how you are trying to print, and upon what blank paper stock you are trying to print, and also, what paper tray or 'paper source' you are feeding the blank paper from.

1: what size of photo printing are you attempting, from what program?

You cannot print 6 x 4, for instance, onto 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper stock, from certain applications, which insist that the printer verify the paper stock size before they will try to actually print.

Trying another application program, such as Paint, to print photos from, may help.

Also, trying to make sure you are using the right size of blank paper stock, can help too.

2: Be sure you have not made a common mistake, of trying to print 4 x 6 images (and with that paper size selected) onto 6 x 4 blank photo paper (as loaded in the printer!)

The difference is, that the paper is one way, and the image is the other way. Loading the paper the other way, will allow the printing to proceed.

3: Be carefully sure that the paper size set in these places, all agree with each other:

- the program itself,

- the printer's driver settings or Properties,

- and the printer, where the paper is loaded (and also, how it is loaded, with what orientation, lest (2) above prove a difficulty.

4: be sure that the Paper Tray, or Paper Source, selected in your printer's driver settings (or Properties) matches accurately the actual paper tray where the right size of paper is loaded, and with the right orientation also.

Do you have instructions to follow, on loading printer paper? if not, let me know, and I will get you those instructions.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your information I'll give it a go.

I really hope that the block of information I presented as an initial offering of help, wasn't too confusing. I tried to include everything possible helpful in it.

If you still have trouble, please let me know, and I will continue to assist you toward a solution to the problem.