ITPeter
ITPeter,
30970729

I've got Canon Pixma MG2500. I was trying to print toppers

Customer Question

I've got Canon Pixma MG2500. I was trying to print toppers from my CD but always there was information that paper and pade settings are wrong although there are right. It happened that on this preview was former topper and on screen was next one. Printer also cutting off bottom of picture. I know that this printer is basic one but before I didn't have this problem but my computer has Windows 8 and now it's 10. Could you help me with this problem?
With regards
Hanna
Category: Printers
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 12 months ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you as quick possible.

I think the best way to fix your problem, if you agree, is to take a look directly at your computer and fix it for you. We will go through all printer options together and find the one that affects this behavior (it´s a bit tricky in Windows 10 compared to Windows 8) and possibly we should also install a new printer driver version, as the Windows 10 default one (in case you are using that) is not really good. In any case, I will find out the cause for you and fix it, if you are interested in the remote-assistance (sending you my offer for this directly now).

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi, sorry I didn't reply earlier but I was very busy and only now I've got time to talk to you.To be honest I expected precise answer without looking directly in my computer. I know that is either printer or computer. Regarding printer I installed drivers from Canon cd but no change - still the same information about wrong settings. Somehow I managed to print one page but it was size A5 not A4. About computer - I know that I can have my previous Windows back. My old computer had Windows 8 this one has Windows 7. I don't know if it's too old. Anyway, I tried to dlo back up but I had only USB stick and computer said that I can't keep back up on stick because of safety issues - anyone can have access to my computer if they have stick. It's really stupid because I don't take this stick with me when I go out, I work on the computer only at home. So I couldn't manage to do back up. Now about your offer - I can't afford it and I have also feeling that it works only to make more and more money. I paid £13 and I've got nothing, I will pay £40 and you will give me another offer for £60 etc. I have a hunch that the solution is very simple and in the past it happened that technician said that something was impossible to fix but I did it. So I'm very distrustful of computer experts. I can't accept this offer because if it's printer I can buy new printer for this money, if it's computer I can go to my computer shop and ask them. The problem is that I have problems with my back and walking is very difficult for me( live in small tyown and had to take bus tothe shop) That's why I have chosen this option. Secondly - I have only two benefits for disabled people and it's small money so I can't pay £40. I thought it would be only £20 and would have solution for my problem. So I'm not 100% satisfied, actually it's 0 satisfation. Sp please, tell what's next.
Hanna

Dear Hanna,

thanks for your reply and I totally understand. However, I hope you also understand, that I can´t help you under these circumstances, without seeing your computer and without you trusting me in the first place. In this case, it´s best if I am opening your question to other experts, so that one of them might be able to help you via text just as you wish.

Thank you and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Expert:  ITPeter replied 12 months ago.

Hello Hanna,

instead of remote access, could you attach some screenshots of the printer settings so we may assist you further?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Pete, I have to admit that I'm a bit confused. Do you mean settings from manual? And what kind of settings do you need?
Hanna
Expert:  ITPeter replied 12 months ago.

The paper and page settings on your computer...

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Pete,
sorry, usually I use the word properties. So it's photo printing, color, media type - plain paper, print quality - standard, printer paper size A4, orientation - landscape, paper source - rear tray. The same is on page set up.
Now, you won't believe - I got rid of information about wrong settings. I don't know hlow I did it and if it's temporary but I managed to print 3 pages with toppers. There is one problem though. Printer cutting off bottom of the picture. This particular printer doesn't have borderless option. I tried many things - the easiest one was to print from website not from printer because I can minimize the picture but somehow when I changed percentage the page was completely blank - no pictures.
Now I give up, I don't know what can I do, maybe you can help me.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
One more problem - when I try to print another page with different toppers the printer did it in size A6 so half of it.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 12 months ago.

Ok, you may just have to change the border settings, or update the print driver if it is not working as expected.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi, I updated drivers from printer cd but this printer doesn't have option for border settings and this is a problem.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 12 months ago.

Hi Hanna,

The CD may be out of date.

Try downloading the latest print drier from the Canon website:

http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/product_ranges/printers/pixma/

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I did it although I bought this printer this year. There is no change, still the same.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 12 months ago.

Ok, that is because borderless printing is not possible with this printer.

If you require true borderless printing then you could use the Canon Pixma MG3500 printer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You are right but I didn't have this problem before, with old computer which was exactly the same as this one. And why only some of toppers have the bottom of the picture cut off? They are only in portrait position, all landscapes are ok.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 11 months ago.

Is the paper aligned correctly in the paper tray?

What happens if you feed in 1 sheet at a time - are the results more consistent?