Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One printer that has

Customer Question

Dear Sir,I have an HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One printer that has been 'well behaved'
until yesterday when for no obvious reason will not now complete the printing process.When I instruct the printer to do so it responds but the paper only feeds into the
machine for a couple of inches or so and then reports a paper jam.I have now repeated several times the appropriate procedure for removing the sheet
of paper that has been partly fed into the machine but whenever I instruct it to print again the paper still fails to travel right the way into the printer and so yet again
reports a jam.I have unplugged the machine and left it for 15 minutes and more but that has not
cured the problem.Please help.John
John andrews
Category: Printers
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Hi John, my name is James.

There are two potential causes for this fault, firstly there could be some paper jammed inside the printer which may not be obvious on first inspection which is causing the issue, remove the paper tray and look inside the compartment to see if there is any obstruction around the paper rollers.

The other likely fault could be due to the rollers being unable to grip the paper, try and print and help feed the paper in with your hand, as often the rollers just slip and hence it thinks the paper has become jammed.

If the two steps above have failed the next step is to get the unit serviced, if you provide me with your postcode I can recommend an engineer in your area.