Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Mg2450 will not install drivers

Customer Question

mg2450 will not install drivers
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please check whether your operating system is compatible with the drivers you have selected to try to install. If your operating system is beyond compatibility (i.e. too recent? not likely for a new printer admittedly) or is 64-bit or 32-bit and the drivers are the oher bit-count) then they won't install properly in all likelihood.

MAC OS X version on your computer (if an Apple) may be determined by clicking on the apple logo (sometimes multicolored, sometimes gray) and choosing About This Mac.

Windows version (and System Type) can be found in

Control Panel

System and Security

System.

What error message does the attempt at driver installing produce?

If a long and complex-looking number code is involved, you may have a problem with software corruption or infection on your computer, rather than a problem with the choice of an appropriate driver for your operating system.

If so, there are two approaches to take:

1. to boot your (Windows) system in Safe Mode, and try the install in that mode... it may get it working.

and/or

2. to scan your system for any defects with a high-quality (which sometimes means, at-cost) anti-virus scanner utility... AVG Free and Avast.com are the rare case where good quality and free-of-charge may be said to both be present, and I would advise not settling for anything less worth mention than one of those two.

Let me know more details... and I may have more advice to offer that could help with the problem. Thanks.