Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have a epson stylus PHOTO RX585 and I have a message that

Customer Question

I have a epson stylus PHOTO RX585 and I have a message that says (waste ink pad in the printer is saturated.contact your dealer to replace it).what can I do.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

Ink pads basically absorb excess ink.Ink gets settled in the pads during the initial setup for printing as well as for cleaning and printing border-less snaps.
For most of the low volume printer users, Windows will not display the error message. If printer usage is high and has been used for many years, the Epson Error Message is displayed.
In case the pads gets full, there is a risk of ink spillage within the printer causing further damage and would need to be replaced
its best to replace the ink pads and in case the unit is within warranty you can get it replaced by contacting Epson If out of warranty, you may order online or buy from any epson authorised service center

Repair may not be a cost-effective option for lower cost printers because other components may also be near the end of their usable life.

Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

you may call epson at 01952 607 111.

available from Monday to Friday from 9am to 5.30pm

Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating for the service, effort and the time by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page. Thank you