Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have a PIXMA MX515 and paper WAS jammed but now clear..

Customer Question

Hello! I have a PIXMA MX515 and paper WAS jammed but now clear . . the printer display unit keeps saying that there IS paper jammed in out rear transit section. Checked. No paper stuck in rear transit. The copy blue light is showing and all other "things" seems to be ok. Cannot however move the blue light from Copy to menu or scan or photo as example? Can you help me please? Betty Peek
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: The front display unit on the PIXMA says precisely " Error Rear cover The paper is jammed. If a memory card is inserted, remove it, then clear the paper and selection OK". No memory card in the printer. I've pressed OK and the machine SEEMS to work perfectly but then the ERROR display keeps showing up on the screen. In other words cannot get the BLUE LIGHT off from COPY. Any ideas, please??
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Afraid not. Same details displayed in the Pixma panel."Error Rear cover The paper is jammed"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not want remote access. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you got my message please? Continue with remote access? Betty Peek
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SORRY SHOULD READ DO NOT CONTINUE WITH REMOVE ACCESS.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

it is ok, I understood

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes